These instructions, given by the sales lady, came with one of my husband’s suits one time:
- Give clothing a rest, wear only once per week. (Hmmm…how many suits would be needed for work?)
- Don’t over dry clean, once a season is usually sufficient. Just spot clean when necessary. (I know we did dry clean one of my husband’s suits several times a season, and the suit didn’t last as long.)
- Brush clothing after each wearing to clean surfaces and eliminate wrinkles.
- Air out clothing after each wearing by letting garment hang outside the closet.
- Trousers should be hung by the cuff with the belt in. The weight of waistband, belt, zipper, etc., will help maintain crease and eliminate wrinkles.
- Coat should be hung on a thick, quality hanger to maintain shoulders, never on a metal hanger.
- Always hang coat on hanger where possible, avoid placing on back of chair.
- Always smile…just makes you look and feel good.