I decided this could be done in the same pot…and it worked. So easy!
- * 1 cup brown rice
- * 2 1/2 cups water
- * 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- * 1 large can turkey breast, 12.5 ounces (we get it at Sam’s)
- * 1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, 10.5 ounces
- * frozen broccoli
- * freshly ground salt & pepper
- * (Optional – stir in 1/2 cup sharp shredded cheese)
Cook brown rice in water and olive oil according to directions on the package. As soon as it’s done, add the turkey and soup. Stir. Add just a little more water if necessary. Place the frozen broccoli on top (break it apart), place the lid back on top of the pan, and cook on medium low for 15-20 minutes until broccoli is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
* You can substitute canned chicken breast for the turkey.
Pingback: healthyhomeblog.com » Blog Archive » Four Foods On Friday 83