This is the view out of my kitchen window. My curtains look dark, but they actually match the cream color of the blooms on the Crepe Myrtle tree just outside the window. Every day when I’m standing at the sink, I see this pretty view. Years ago when we first moved to this house, all I could see out this window were a lot of rooftops and the very tops of a few small trees. Time really does make a difference.
When thinking about the concept of “time,” there are some verses in the Bible that I like to think about. In fact, these verses are in a popular song by the Byrds called “Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is a Season).”
- To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
- A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
- A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
- A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
- A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
- A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
- A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
- A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.