* Update: I’ve had my Airwear Lenses for way over a year and a half now, and I love them. They are durable and light weight which makes them so comfortable to wear.
I was given the opportunity to review Airwear lenses recently. I sent my eyeglass frames to them, they put in Airwear progressive lenses for me, and I received them this week. They are great! I was noticing before I received these lenses that when I drove at night, the glare bothered me. Now when I leave for work in the morning before the sun comes up, the glare from lights doesn’t bother me anymore.
The reason that the glare doesn’t bother me now is because these lenses are made with Scotchgard Protector, the most technologically advanced No-Glare lenses available. They also have exclusive scratch-resistance technology, are lightweight (they are so lightweight that I don’t notice I have them on sometimes), and provide 100 percent UVA and UVB protection. How awesome is that!
Here are some facts about Airwear:
- Airwear lenses are tough and durable. They are so tough that NASA uses the same material to construct visors for astronauts.
- Airwear lenses are 43% lighter and 25% thinner than regular lenses, and 12 times more impact-resistant than standard plastic lenses.
- Airwear lenses offer safe, durable lenses for those who like to play sports.
- 100% of the production waste from Airwear lenses is recycled, greatly helping the environment during the manufacturing process.
- Airwear lenses are manufactured using 100% recycled water which conserves millions of gallons of water annually.
- Airwear lenses provide 100% protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays. Over 12 million people develop blindness from cataracts annually, and about 20% of those cases may be caused or made worse by sun exposure.
* Airwear provided me with lenses for this review. However, I did not receive any monetary compensation for this review. This is my honest opinion of their product.