We received something in the mail this past week from Krogers. It was a recipe for “Italian Chicken Pasta Bake” plus four coupons to use on four of the ingredients. The coupons total $2.40! I thought that was a great marketing strategy on their part. The recipe sounds like something we would really like, so I plan to fix it Friday evening to have when our son gets home from college. Here’s the recipe:
…………………………………….Italian Chicken Pasta Bake
- Kroger Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Kroger Frozen Chopped Onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (I’ll probably used minced garlic from my jar in the fridge)
- 8 oz. Kroger Fresh Selections Mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Kroger Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Kroger Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Kroger Deli Rotisserie Chicken (I like that!), deboned and broken into chunks
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Kroger Finely Shredded Italian Cheese Blend, divided (can use Mozzarella)
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) Kroger Wholesome@Home Chicken & Bacon Borsetti Fresh Pasta, uncooked
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and spray bottom with cooking spray (I’ll use olive oil). Add onion and garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add mushrooms and zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and sugar. Stir to combine.
Remove from heat, add chicken and 1 cup cheese. Stir to combine. Spread uncooked borsetti pasta evenly in bottom of baking dish. Top with chicken and vegetable mixture, making sure all pasta is covered. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes on center oven rack until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Monday: Chicken tenders, broccoli, corn
Tuesday: Leftover tenders, salad, baked potatoes
Wednesday: Chicken Tortilla Soup (we didn’t have it last week after all)
Thursday: Leftover Chicken Tortilla Soup
Friday: “Italian Chicken Pasta Bake“