Here’s an easy recipe that’s great when you’re short on time. Cooking the turkey breast in the crock pot makes it so moist and tender, and I think maybe it’s the best we’ve ever had. And the great thing is that it’s so easy.
- 3-pound boneless turkey breast
- Can of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or minced garlic)
- 1/4 teaspoon of minced onion flakes (or onion slices)
- Optional: your favorite herbs can be added such as fresh rosemary in place of the garlic
In the sink or a large dish, cut the plastic bag off the turkey breast with kitchen shears and also cut off the netting. There will be a lot of juices in the bag that will make a mess, so be sure to have something to catch the juices. Then place the turkey with the above ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours and then on low for 6-8 hours.