I’m Charla, and I’m so glad you came to visit! This blog is about our homes, happiness in life, and healthy habits for body, mind, and spirit. I’d love to share my experiences with you in this journey we’re all in together. I’d love for you to share your experiences with me, too. I would be honored if you would subscribe to my blog by email so we can share the journey!
So you’ll have a snapshot idea of who I am, here are a few tidbits of information:H
* My relationship with God is the most important thing in my life!
* Jesus is my very best friend!
* I lost my sweetheart, my best friend, my husband, suddenly in 2013. We were married 37 years and my heart was completely broken.
* I have a daughter, Christi (aka the Frugal Novice), & son-in-law who have three precious young children. I love being called, “Grandma” or “Grammy.”
* I have a son & daughter-in-law who have a precious little girl.
* I have an adorable seven pound dog who was a rescue dog. He was out homeless when temperatures were in the 20’s the week before I got him. I don’t know how he survived but I’m thankful God brought us together.
* I’m a graduate of ACU. Go Wildcats!!!
* I’m a recently retired special ed teacher. I love teaching children but I must admit I wasn’t a fan of the abundance of testing and overwhelming paperwork at times!
* I taught elementary school for 26 years (Special Ed grades Kinder – 4th grade, first grade, second grade, ESL, Gifted & Talented).
* I’m a Texas girl – born, raised and still living in Texas.
* I like to do volunteer work.
* Who inspired and encouraged me to become a blogger: my son
* My other blog, How to Teach Kids, is being incorporated into this blog.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you come back and visit soon. Leave a comment if you have time – I’d love to hear from you!
.Xenia @ Thanks Mail Carrier, Christi @ Frugal Novice (my daughter), and I hosted “Friendly Friday” for over a year and a half. That was a fun experience, and here are the buttons as reminders of all the new friends we made..
I accept various forms of advertising from established companies or businesses. I also write articles with links and graphics (you provide the graphics) and accept infographs. Contact me for a list of fees.
I love to do reviews and giveaways of products. See below for a list of companies I have worked with in this area.
If you have any questions, please contact me at:
This is a partial list of some of the companies and places I have worked with:
Airwear Progressive Lenses from Essilor
Like many other Web sites, Healthy Home Blog makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Healthy Home Blog has no access to or control over cookies that are used by these third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me, Charla. Healthy Home Blog does accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
Healthy Home Blog receives compensation from time to time which may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
Once in a while, I am compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the I may receive compensation for my posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
I’m so happy to find your website!!! 🙂 We are doing an outreach to the homeless this next week and we’re serving your chicken pot pie, making enough for at least 100 people. We need to know what size bag to use for the frozen mixed vegetables. I’m praying we can get a response very soon from you since we’re at the point of planning our shopping for ingredients, etc. I love the variety of recipes you’ve shared on your site. But, more than that, I love that you are not ashamed of the Gospel and boldly proclaim your faith in Christ!
Thank you for your response … I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible!
Jan Ross, Administrative Pastor
Potter’s House Mansfield