There are a lot of safeguards against identity theft that people can take nowadays. There are things such as an identity stronghold rfid leather wallet, for example, that are available for added security. Here are some tips for safeguarding your identity:
- Don’t keep your social security number in your wallet or purse
- Check your credit report yearly
- Make sure you mail bills in a post office collection box instead of an unsecured location
- Shred all credit card offers, ATM receipts, charge slips, anything with your signature, insurance forms, physician’s statements, check and bank statements
- Use one credit card for online shopping and use it only for that purpose so that it’s easy to check for fraudulent charges. Do not use a debit card.
- Use a firewall program on your computer and update your virus protection software on a regular basis
- Don’t give out personal information over the phone unless you’ve initiated the call
Here’s a couple of interesting facts about Peeps. Way back in 1953, it took 27 hours to create one Peeps chick. Today, it only takes six minutes. Quite a difference! Also, there have been enough Peeps produced to circle the earth twice. That’s a lot! Peeps were nearly always in our kids’ Easter baskets as they were growing up, in various colors from year to year. I think my favorite color has been yellow. What’s your favorite color?
Look what I received in the mail recently. What a nice surprise when I learned that I had won these cookbooks! Just want to say thanks again to Laura. And if you haven’t participated in “Menu Plan Monday,” drop by Organizing Junkie and check it out. Also, if you’re an organizing junkie too, you will love all her tips and ideas!
Some people have workshops in their backyards or garages. One of our neighbors has a workshop in their garage. I don’t know if he has hydraulic power workholding or what types of machines he has, but I do know he works in it a lot and sometimes his son is out there with him. I have no idea what he makes in his workshop but he does seem to enjoy being out there. Maybe just puttering around in the garage is therapeutic for him and he doesn’t always have to be making something.
We have several friends who have dogs. A couple of the dogs are getting up in years, and I wonder if they could use orthopedic dog beds. Our dog that we had for years and years just slept in a regular dog bed and did fine, but some dogs who have arthritis and other ailments might be more comfortable on a special bed.
Have you been keeping up with how the housing market is doing in different areas of the country? I have not and honestly have no idea how oak island nc real estate is doing, for example. All I know is how the market is doing in our general area, and it seems to be doing good in the Metroplex area. How is it doing in your part of the country?