I fixed this again and have modified the recipe. My family really likes this!
I only had 10 minutes to fix a meal, so this is what I did.
- 1 can Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, Medium – 14 ounces
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (98% fat free is what I like to use)
- 1 12-13 ounce can chicken breast with the broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: 1 small can of dices green chilies (I was in a big hurry and didn’t use them this time, but I always add them to my regular casserole recipe. It was good without them, though.)
- Package Corn Tortillas (I used Food For Life’s Sprouted Corn Tortillas which are really good in this recipe!)
- Package of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Mix the soup, enchilada sauce, chicken with broth, garlic powder, and pepper.
Pour 1/4 of the soup mixture in the bottom of a large skillet on medium heat. Layer 4-5 corn tortillas torn into pieces to cover the soup mixture. Pour 1/4 of the soup mixture on top of the tortillas. Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top of that. Start the layers again: 4-5 corn tortillas torn into pieces, then the remaining soup mixture, and last sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheese on the very top. Cover skillet with a lid and let heat until mixture is thoroughly hot and cheese is melted on top.
Very quick & easy recipe!