I got these directions with some flowers one time, and I think these are good so I’ll share with you:
- Start with a clean vase. (I clean my clear vases in the dishwasher. If I can’t do that, then I’ll soak the inside of the vase with white vinegar and water. Martha Stewart said one time that flower vases should be clean enough to drink out of – that’s before the flowers are added.)
- Use warm water to fill the vase.
- Add flower food to the water.
- The next part is real important. Remove all foliage below the water level. (Otherwise, the leaves will start to rot in the water and the flowers won’t last as long.)
- Recut the stems on an angle.
- Place flowers in vase and enjoy!
- For long lasting flowers, change the water and recut the stems daily.