With water bills usually being higher during the summer months due to watering the grass and flowers, filling up kiddie swimming pools, and kids being home from school, etc, many people are looking for ways to conserve water.
Here are a few tips:
- Install aerators in the sink faucets. These can reduce your sink water consumption by up to 50%.
- Wash only full loads of dishes in the dishwasher.
- Wash only full loads of clothes in the clothes washer. This not only saves water but also energy!
- Install low-flow shower heads and limit showers to 5 minutes (I’ll be doing well if I limit mine to 15 minutes…lol)
- Turn the water off while brushing teeth. (A lot of water is wasted here!)
- Turn the water off while shaving.
- Check out toilet leaks and repair as soon as possible.
- A dripping faucet can waste nearly 2 gallons of water per HOUR! Repair immediately!