Posted on 07-18-2010
Filed Under (Menu Plan Monday) by Charla

I’m in the mood to do something different for Menu Plan Monday, so I thought I would do breakfasts this week.  Normally our breakfasts consist of cereal.

What do you usually have for breakfast?   I know some people grab a breakfast bar and eat it in the car on their way to work or school.  Some are cereal eaters like we are.  And then some have full blown breakfasts with biscuits and yummy preserves.

Here’s a breakfast menu that is far from our typical menu:

MONDAY:
blueberry-muffins-7-09

These made-from-scratch blueberry muffins, oozing with fresh blueberries, are easy to make.  This recipe makes 16 regular sized muffins.  If your household is like ours, they won’t last long.  They’re usually gone by the next morning.   Blueberries seem to be at their peak of flavor right  now, so it’s a great time to make these muffins!   I’ll add something for protein, maybe bacon.

TUESDAY:  Migas (Tex Mex version popular in Austin, Texas)  I saw another recipe for this but can’t find where I saw it.  It had  tomatoes and potatoes in it as well, so I’ll probably experiment with what I make.  Also, instead of using tortillas, it called for tortilla chips which I think would add a really good crunch to it.

WEDNESDAY:  Christi (daughter, from Frugal Novice) had a recipe for Amber’s Egg Casserole on her site that sounds really good.  It has tons of good protein in it with eggs, cottage cheese, and cheddar cheese.  Even if you don’t make this casserole, go to the recipe site to see pictures of Amber’s precious twin babies.  Christi and I got to hold them when they were just days old.

THURSDAY:  Turkey Breakfast Pizza

FRIDAY:  Breakfast Burritos (scrambled eggs, cheese, sauteed onion, tomatoes, and salsa in a flour tortilla)

(8) Comments    Read More

Comments

1 - alicia on 18 July, 2010 at 9:17 pm #

What a fun idea. I might snag a couple of these. Thanks!

2 - Amo on 18 July, 2010 at 9:19 pm #

These things sound delicious! I get bored eating the same thing for breakfast everyday, so I alternate between cereal, toast, oatmeal, and scrambled eggs! I need to make some muffins!

3 - Tanja on 19 July, 2010 at 2:34 am #

I usually eat cereal, oatmeal, once a week I eat an egg and sometimes, when I’m not in the mood for any of that, bread or toast with nutella.

4 - Domestic Nerd on 19 July, 2010 at 6:53 am #

I found I need to plan breakfasts too, otherwise those poor kids eat cereal all week too ;))

5 - LeeAnn on 19 July, 2010 at 7:00 pm #

Yum! Sounds like some great breakfasts! I usually eat a cereal bar when I get to work, and then yogurt a little later. Boring.

6 - Elizabeth @ Table for Five on 19 July, 2010 at 7:16 pm #

What a great idea, planning breakfasts! I usually leave my kids to their own devices, but I know they would love warm blueberry muffins at least once a week 🙂

7 - Jenny on 20 July, 2010 at 1:55 am #

Well recipe for tasty and healthy breakfasts are a lot, all depends on how much time you have to prepare it. Me, for example, during the week i don’t have time, so i eat fruits, yogurt and cereal bars, but in the weekends i have to say that i like to spoil myself with nice and tasty recipes like: savory omelet with mushrooms, red and green peppers and anything that passes through my head. Another thing i just love to eat is bruschetta with fresh tomatoes, basil, salmon fume and cheese, you name it.

8 - Paula@One Mom's Corner of the World on 20 July, 2010 at 5:03 am #

The Blueberry Muffins look really good!