The holidays are here! Wow! I was looking through my Recipe Index at the top of my home page, and shared some holiday recipes last week. One recipe I didn’t share was this one. If you don’t need a big turkey and/or you’re in a huge time crunch, this slow cooker recipe is great:
Crock Pot Turkey Breast:
- 3-pound turkey breast roast
- Can of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or minced garlic)
- 1/4 teaspoon of minced onion flakes (or onion slices)
- Optional: your favorite herbs can be added such as fresh rosemary in place of the garlic
Cooking the turkey breast in the crock pot makes it so moist and tender, and I think maybe it’s the best we’ve ever had. And the great thing is that it’s so easy.
Also, here’s a recipe for Thyme-Roasted Turkey Breast if you have a bone-in whole turkey breast to cook in the oven.
Monday: Salmon patties, broccoli, carrot sticks
Tuesday: Leftover salmon patties and veggies
Wednesday: Barbeque sandwiches
Thursday: Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and all the fixings