Here’s a healthy, low-fat recipe I adapted from Eat Better America. I substituted ground turkey for ground chicken and made a few other changes. We also added salt, reduced the broth to one can which is two cups (instead of the three cups), and used a mix of cheeses. Last, we added crumbled-up tortilla chips on top with the shredded cheese. Very good!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 – 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium size zucchini, chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can great northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
- Tortilla chips, crumbled
Cook the turkey, onion, and garlic for a few minutes. Stir several times until the turkey is done. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, except the cheese and tortilla chips. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for at least 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with cheese and crumbled chips before serving.