Here are a few good ideas for fighting a cold:
- Get plenty of vitamin C which acts like an antihistamine and helps a runny nose and congestion. Eat 2 cups or more of fresh fruits like oranges and strawberries.
- Eat plenty of lean protein, especially chicken. Lean meats contain zinc which helps strengthen the immune system.
- Get plenty of beta-carotene which is an antioxidant and is found in vegetables such as sweet potatoes, carrots, and pumpkin.
- Eat lots of brightly colored fruits and vegetables such as green salad, red peppers, and blueberries.
- Saute garlic and onions which contain sulphur and add to food to help the immune system fight off infection.
- Eat non-fat yogurt which contains healthy bacteria to fight harmful germs in the intestines.
- Snack on nuts which contain needed nutrients.
(And be sure to wash hands often with soap, don’t share towels if sick, and disinfect doorknobs, phones, and other shared items.)
Pingback: Wellness Dog Food | Dog Food Recipes » Blog Archive » Dog food recipes - Another A