This is a great recipe for a special occasion!
Ingredients for Curried Chicken:
- 3 pound chicken
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 fresh curry powder
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup milk
Ingredients for Singapore Curry:
- 1 cup rice, cooked ( I would cook 2 1/2 cups of brown rice for 8 servings – we like rice!)
- 2 15 1/2 ounce cans pineapple tidbits
- 1 can coconut
- 1 8 ounce can salted peanuts
- 3-4 bananas, sliced
- Durkee French Fried Onion Rings
- Tomatoes, diced (optional)
Cook chicken in water and salt until tender. Cool, debone, and cut into small pieces.
To make the sauce, melt margarine, add onions and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in salt, flour, and curry powder. Add to margarine and stir until smooth. Add liquids and cook, stirring constantly until thickened. Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes.
Serve 1 cup rice per serving, topped by curried chicken mixture. Add sliced bananas, pineapple, coconut, peanuts, onion rings, and tomatoes.
Makes 8 servings.