This is the fresh fruit salad I made yesterday. It’s great to keep in a Tupperware type covered bowl in the fridge ready for a quick snack, but just make sure you do not add banana to the whole batch. If you want to add banana, just add it to what you’re getting ready to eat since bananas turn dark quickly. However, the juices from the other fruits keep the apples from turning dark, so they’re OK the next day. It’s so delicious (not to mention being healthy) that it’s hard not to eat a second serving of it!
- Organic apple with the peeling left on it, chopped (if it’s not an organic apple then it should be peeled because of higher levels of pesticides)
- Orange, peeled and sectioned and then cut into bite-size pieces
- Cantaloupe, cut into bite-size pieces
- Organic Strawberries (regular strawberries have higher levels of pesticides than most fruits), sliced
- Nectarine, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- Grapes (not pictured)
- Fresh Pineapple (not pictured)
Click here to see a list of the top 12 fruits & veggies with the most amounts of pesticides.
That’s a great photo! Makes me hungry for fruit. 🙂