My mother-in-law made this (I took pictures as she was making it), and we thought it was delicious. The great thing about this is you can put all the ingredients in the slow cooker, leave the house to go shopping, and then come back home in three hours to a delicious meal. Just add a salad and/or veggie.
* 1 to 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken or turkey, cut into bite-size pieces (or use canned chicken or turkey, rotisserie chicken, or cook chicken tenders – what we did)
* 1 6-ounce package Stove Top
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 3 eggs, beaten
* 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
* 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
* 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (or mix of parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 2 tablespoons butter cut into small chunks (I want to try using EVOO)
Grease a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker. Combine all of the ingredients, except for the butter, and mix gently. Using a cup, place mixture into crock pot. Place the butter chunks onto of mixture. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Do not remove lid while cooking. Serves 6-8.