If you’ve never played Four Foods on Friday, then head over to Val’s Kitchen to read other people’s answers and to enter your answers if you’d like. Val has a fun question this week:
“Name four things related to food that are strange or funny to you.”
Go to Four Foods on Friday to read more .
Here are Val’s answers:
1. Minute rice. It takes more than minute.
2. Freshly frozen. As opposed to frozen after getting stale?
3. Pasta. The pound of pasta isn’t always a pound now, sometimes the box is 12 ounces.
4. Pound cake. Some of the frozen pound cakes are only 12 ounces.
Here are my answers here at Healthy Home Blog:
(Our son helped me with the first one & then I thought of the others.)
1. Instructions for frozen pizza say “not to eat frozen pizza.” (Shucks! I like pizza hard and ice cold!)
2. On a bag of frozen cook-in-the-bag veggies: “Cook in microwave for 8 minutes” and then it says, ” CAUTION: Bag is HOT!” (Really?)
3. On ice cream carton: “Keep Frozen Until Served” (I guess I can’t leave it out on the counter for an hour.)
4. On can of non-stick baking spray made with oil it says, “Do not spray into open flames.” (Hmmm….it’s made with oil. There are lamps that burn oil. Makes sense to me!)
I know they have those instructions on the packaging for a reason, but sometimes they just sound so obvious!