- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 8 ounces
sour creamcream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I left these out the second time I made it- my family likes it better that way)
- dash ground pepper
Cook the spinach and artichoke hearts in a cup of water for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Heat the cream cheese in a small bowl in the microwave for 1 minute. Add the spinach mixture and stir well.
Add the Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix well.
Serve with crackers or toasted bread strips for dipping. What we like best is to serve with Tostitos Gold Chips. They’re small triangular chips that are thicker and don’t break when dipping into a thick dip. I think that’s what they’re called. I know it has “gold” in the name. 🙂