This is a recipe I came up with because my kids didn’t like meat in lasagna nor did they like veggie lasagna. I like it because I don’t have to cook the noodles separately. We don’t have this very often because of the cholesterol in it, so it’s a treat when we do.
- 16 ounces low-fat cottage cheese
- 16 ounce jar of Ragu Chunky Gardenstyle Spaghetti Sauce with Tomato, Garlic, & Onion
- 6-7 lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (4 ounces for mixture & 4 ounces for topping)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan/Romano blend of cheeses (1/4 cup for mixture & 1/4 cup for topping)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
Mix together cottage cheese, 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan/Romano blend of cheeses, 2 eggs, garlic, and oregano. Mix well.
Oil bottom of lasagna dish and spread a little Ragu sauce (about 1/2 cup) on bottom of dish. Then start with layers:
- 3 lasagna noodles
- half of the cottage cheese mixture
- half of the Ragu Sauce that’s left in the jar
- 3 or 4 lasagna noodles, depending on size of your dish
- last half of the cottage cheese mixture
- the remainder of the Ragu Sauce
- Top with 1/4 cup Parmesan/Romano Cheese blend & 4 ounces of Mozzarella cheese
Bake at 350 degrees, covered for 35 minutes and then uncovered for 10 minutes. Let it set for 15 minutes or so before serving.
This recipe can be doubled.