- 10-12 corn tortillas – cut into fourths
- 8 ounce package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 ounce can green chili sauce (Hatch Medium is the best)
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup (I use 98% fat free)
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- Cooked or canned chicken (If you’re using canned, use 1 large can chicken breast)
- 1 cup chopped onion, sauteed for 5 minutes in olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or garlic powder)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Mix the green chili sauce, soup, diced green chiles, chicken, onions, garlic, salt & pepper together.
Layer the following:
- Corn tortillas
- Chicken & soup mixture
- Shredded cheese – half of it
Add another layer of the above three.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
(You can put this together the day before you need it and then bake right before eating. This recipe can be doubled if you need an extra-large casserole.)