Mornings are such a hectic time, so I put out a “breakfast basket” for our son so he can grab something to eat in the car and/or later in the morning when he has a break. This way he doesn’t skip breakfast. These items are healthier than some other breakfast items that are low protein, low fiber, and high sugar.
I change the items up from week to week. Fresh fruit is great to add. Variety is good!
Here are some ideas for what to put in a breakfast basket:
- Stretch Island Fruit Co./All-Natural Fruit Leather (no sugar added, all natural fruit)
- Fiber One Bars (2 grams of protein, 9 grams of fiber) These are really good! If you haven’t tried them, I recommend them.
- Quaker Oatmeal to Go / High Fiber – Maple Brown Sugar (4 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber)
- Quaker Oatmeal to Go (4 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber)
- Bags of peanuts (Hot Peanuts have 11 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber)
- Small boxes of raisins (fiber, antioxidants, good for teeth, gums, and eyes)
- Apples (already washed)