(TRUFFLES CAN BE MADE INTO EASTER EGGS)
Here’s an easy recipe that looks impressive:
- 1 package Oreo cookies, crumbled
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- White chocolate bark
- 1 chocolate candy bar or chocolate chips
Using a food processor or by hand, mix the crumbled Oreos with the cream cheese. When mixed well, form into balls or Easter egg shapes. Chill in the fridge. Melt white chocolate bark and dip each ball/egg into the white chocolate, securing the ball/egg from underneath with toothpicks when dipping. Cool on waxed paper. Melt the candy bar/chocolate chips and then drizzle over the tops of the truffles. Let cool again. Enjoy!
Ideas for serving:
- Fill a pretty, glass canister with truffles. Tie a fabric ribbon around the top and tie a bow.
- Place truffles on pretty glass plate with a paper doily.
- Place truffle eggs on a “grassy field” of coconut dyed green. (place coconut in a plastic bag with a couple of drops of green food coloring, close the bag securely, and shake until coconut is colored)
- Decorate the top of an empty egg carton and place truffle eggs inside the carton.
- Put truffles in Easter paper cupcake liners. Place inside an Easter basket that is low and wide so the “eggs” can be seen easily.