Since there’s wintry weather in many areas of the country, I thought this would be a fun recipe for kids who are at home due to school closings. Like S’mores? Here are more variations I found in a Walmart ad one time:
- Basic S’mores – Put square of a Hershey’s Chocolate Bar (or other chocolate) on top of a graham cracker. Top with marshmallows. Put in microwave for 10 seconds or so, until marshmallow doubles in size. Top with another graham cracker. (or put in regular oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate S’mores – Fix basic S’mores. Spread peanut butter on the graham crackers that go on top, then place on top of S’mores.
- Strawberry S’mores – Heat marshmallows on graham crackers. Spread strawberry preserves on the top graham crackers and then place on top of S’mores.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores – Substitute chocolate chip cookies for graham crackers and then fix like basic S’mores.
- Rolled-Up S’mores – Place marshmallow on a skewer and heat it. Next, roll the marshmallow in melted chocolate. Finally, roll it in dessert sprinkles or peanuts to suit your taste.