My mother passed away in 2000. But I can remember while I was growing up and while she was still able to cook, she would fix this salad at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Mix the following for a refreshing salad:
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (if you use canned, be sure and drain)
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sour cream (if you don’t like sour cream, you can use Cool Whip)
- 1/3 cup coconut (if you don’t like coconut, leave it out)
At Christmas time, it looks pretty to add some maraschino cherries on top.