This is Elwanda’s recipe for corn casserole:
- 1 can shoepeg corn, drained (Green Giant has shoepeg corn)
- 1 can French style green beans, drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I’d use reduced fat)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of celery soup
- 1 8-oz. carton light sour cream
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 row Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
LAYER corn and green beans in buttered casserole dish.
COMBINE cheese, onion, soup, & sour cream and spread over veggies.
COMBINE butter, crackers, & almonds and spread over top.
BAKE uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.