I had this in the teacher’s lounge where I was subbing recently. Very tasty! This recipe can be baked and then kept warm in a crock pot to serve:
- 5 cups mixed nuts (I would choose walnuts, almonds, pecans, and cashews)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place nuts in single layers on two jelly roll pans. Bake until nuts are golden, about 8-10 minutes. Halfway through baking, rotate the pans. After baking, pour nuts into large bowl.
Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Melt butter and pour over nuts. Add rosemary, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, and salt. Stir well. Add crispy garlic and shallots. Serve warm.
(If needed, reheat nuts for 10 minutes at 300 degrees.)