Here’s a recipe for those of you who like sweet cornbread but not the sugar!
- 1 cup flour (Spelt Flour or whole wheat would be good, too)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (or 3/4 cup organic cornmeal & 1/4 cup organic coarse cornmeal)
- 1/3 teaspoon KAL Stevia Powder (or sugar substitute to equal 1/3 cup sugar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (I used reduced fat milk)
- 1/3 cup EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Oil 9-inch pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil and place pan in oven to preheat. After the pan is hot, take it out of the oven and add the mixture. Bake until golden brown on top.