I cried this morning during my prayer time. I cried yesterday morning, too. This morning, the enormity of all the people suffering in the world right now was overwhelming to me. Yesterday, I read an article about a dad opening an empty refrigerator trying to find food for his hungry 11 year old. It made me think what if that was either of my grandsons who are around that age. There are way too many hungry people right now because of job loss. And there are other stories out there that bring tears to my eyes as well. It’s just. too. much.
I don’t have answers. I don’t know why. But I do know we live in a broken world. I know there are things in the heavenly realms we know nothing about. (If you’re not familiar with the Bible, there’s a book called Ephesians that has six chapters. The sixth chapter talks about the spiritual world.)
So, what do I do in all this mess? These are things that have helped me a lot:
- Take one day at a time! (the Bible talks about doing that)
- Count my blessings! Don’t take anything for granted! (the Bible talks about this)
- Look for ways every week that I can help others! (the Bible talks about this)
- Trust God and give him all my worries, problems, fears, concerns! (God tells me in the Bible over and over again to trust Him and not to fear. He’s never let me down!)
- Trust that God is in the midst of all that’s going on, working and helping in ways that I don’t know about.
I do better some days than others, but overall, I’m doing so much better than the first few weeks of the pandemic. Faith over fear is what I tell myself.
I found a song on YouTube recently that I love. It’s one of the things that helps calm my soul if I’m feeling anxiety start to creep up. The name of the song is simple. Here’s the link for “Peace.” I feel peaceful every time after I listen to it.
Pictures and text on this post are protected by copyright 2020