Pictured above: Easy Cheesy Beef Enchiladas
- 1 pound lean ground beef (hormone free, if possible)
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 14-ounce (medium-size) can Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce, Medium Red (or if you like lots of sauce like us, then 1 large can or 2 small cans)
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 1 package shredded sharp cheddar cheese, reduced fat
Cook chopped onion and ground beef until no pink is left in the meat. Warm tortillas either briefly in the microwave (this can be done by inverting a dinner plate on top of another one to make a “tortilla warmer”) or in a skillet so they will roll without breaking. Place ground beef/onion mixture in a line down the middle of a tortilla and spoon a couple of tablespoons of enchilada sauce over it. Roll to make tortilla and place in casserole dish. Repeat until all the meat mixture is used up. Pour remaining sauce evenly over tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Are you a Chipotle fan? Here are their own Chipotle original recipes.
Here are more recipes you might enjoy:
- Enchilada Casserole Recipe – Charlie Gibson’s Famou Recipe
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Mexican Meatballs
- Salsa – Blackeye Pea
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
- Southwest “Cheesecake” Dip
- Tamale Spoonbread Pie
- Texas Stuffed Jalapenos
- Texas Two-Step Picante Chicken (Weight Watchers Recipe)
AND…for an awesome Cinco de Mayo desserts:
- Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Brown Sugar Cookies – Slice & Bake (my grandmother’s recipe)
ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS: Cinco de Mayo: Origin, Activities, & Books for Children
This looks so delish I might just have to try it sometime…
.-= Clairity´s last blog ..Invisible sound =-.
Clair, it’s quick & easy, and it’s a favorite of my husband and son.
Pingback: healthyhomeblog.com » Blog Archive » Menu Plan Monday: 5-3-10
This really looks delicious with so much cheese on it, I think it would be much better if it would be possible for me to have a bite. I am soon going to make this.
Pingback: healthyhomeblog.com » Blog Archive » Menu Plan Monday 12/27/10
This is really so nice recipe.It is looks so delicious.I love this food.It is favorite of many people.Thanks for the sharing this amazing recipe.
Its really one of the nice recipe that you have shared here.I would like to review it at my home.Thanks a lot for sharing it here.
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday 2/6/12 | Healthy Home Blog