What’s your view on salmon? I really like to eat salmon several times a month. It’s loaded with all sorts of good things to help strengthen our bones and to help reduce inflammation. (Some researchers say inflammation is the root of all disease. I do know it’s not good for our bodies.)
It’s been cold this week and I’ve been in the mood for salmon and for soup, so I threw some things in a pot and kept tweaking and adding things. This is what I came up with, and I think it’s yummy. I didn’t measure anything so the recipe is going to be estimations. From start to finish was less than 30 minutes and it might could be made in 20 minutes, if necessary.
This is my go-to salmon in a can, Raincoast Wild Pink Salmon. It’s not farm raised and it comes from the Pacific Northwest. Honey Boy Pink Salmon is good too. It’s wild and comes from Alaska where the ocean waters are cleaner.
This recipe is for one serving. Multiply ingredients by number of servings. If you don’t use organics, then substitute with what you do use.
- 1 cup Pacific Chicken Bone Broth, organic
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots from a bag, organic
- 1 stalk of celery thinly sliced, organic (optional)
- 1/2 cup Pacific Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup, organic
- 1 can of Wild Pink Salmon, 5-7 oz. can
- 1/2 cup canned peas, organic (or frozen)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, organic
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, organic
- 1/2 cup almond milk (Optional, if not used then substitute with 1/2 cup of broth)
- 1-2 cups fresh salad greens, organic
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pour broth into a saucepan and put on medium heat. Add sliced carrots and sliced celery. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add cream of chicken soup, salmon, peas, corn, and rosemary. Mix together. Then add salad greens on top. Simmer for 5 minutes and stir salad greens into chowder as they wilt.
- Add almond milk and heat for a couple of more minutes or until heated thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You can tweak this recipe to make it creamier by adding more of the cream of chicken soup. Leave out any veggies you don’t like. Chopped onions would be good to add with the carrots and celery.
Hope you like this salmon chowder and feel good from eating all the healthy ingredients. Enjoy!
I was not compensated in any way for this post. This is a recipe I really enjoyed on a cold day, and I just wanted to share it with y’all!
Pictures and text on this post are protected by copyright 2019